SALIDO uses printer-driven cash drawers. The Terminal sends a message to the receipt printer via Wi-Fi and the printer, in turn, sends an electrical impulse to the cash drawer via a physical connection. The most common causes of problems opening a cash drawer are the printer being turned off, the printer being offline, the printer being physically disconnected from the cash drawer, or the Terminal being on the incorrect Wi-Fi network.
Please confirm the following:
- Is the receipt printer on?
- Is the cable connecting the printer to the cash drawer securely seated in both the port of the cash drawer and the port of the printer?
- Is the Terminal assigned to the correct Printer?
- Is the Terminal on the correct wifi network?
To confirm iPad Network Settings:
- Exit the SALIDO POS app by clicking the iPad Home Button
- Open the Settings app
- Select Wi-Fi from the left side navigation
- Confirm the appropriate SALIDO specific SSID is selected and listed at the top of the right side of the screen
- If unsure of the correct SSID, please contact your Network Management Team
- There should be a blue checkmark next to the network name
- If there a “No Internet Connection” warning under the SSID, please contact your Network Management Team
- After confirming the above, exit the Settings app
- Reopen the SALIDO POS
- Attempt to pop the drawer
If issues persist, please contact SALIDO Support at email@example.com or (855) 879-7595 for further troubleshooting.