If the Point of Sale is the heart of a restaurant, printing is the nervous system. Orders placed on the POS and transmitted from one team member to another to produce and deliver food and beverage for guests. From a Quick Service burger joint to a neighborhood coffee shop to a white tablecloth Fine Dining Full Service establishment, all restaurants have this in common. Since SALIDO supports all types of operations, the printing components and configuration can be a little overwhelming at first blush.
This article provides a high-level overview of the SALIDO Printing Configuration in order to dispel some of the mystery. Our goal is to explore and define what each component is and explain how those components connect to one another. A complete Printing Configuration is created by the SALIDO Implementations team during the onboarding process, but as a business grows and changes, so will its printing needs and we want our operators to be empowered to make adjustments on the fly to meet their needs.
A quick word of caution is warranted here. Seemingly small changes to a Printing Configuration can have a large impact, especially in Organizations with multiple Locations under a single Brand. Please take special care before making any changes to any of the components of the Printing Configuration. When in doubt, contact the SALIDO Support Team for assistance.
- Menu Item - A single item in the SALIDO Database
- Terminal - A POS order entry device
- Prep Devices:
- Prep Printer
- Expo Printer
- Terminal Printer
- Expo KDS
- Prep KDS
- Viewer KDS
- Online Ordering Terminal
- Prep Ticket - A physical or digital order of Menu Items transmitted from a Terminal to a Prep Device
- Revenue Center - Revenue Centers represent a physical area of the Restaurant (e.g. Dining Room, Bar, Private Dining Room) or a discrete revenue stream (e.g. a specific Online Ordering partner)
- Prep Station - A label applied to a Prep Device or group of Prep Devices
- Prep Profile - Prep Profiles control printer routing of Prep Tickets. They connect Prep Stations to Prep Devices (Printers and KDS Displays). The Prep Profile contains a list of all available Prep Stations and all available Prep Devices, and lines are drawn between the two creating a map of what prints where. Separate Prep Profiles may be necessary for different Day Parts (Meal Periods) and/or Revenue Centers and to support other workflows. One Prep Profile can be assigned to multiple Revenue Centers
- Prep Stations are assigned to Menu Items
- Prep Profiles connect Prep Stations to Prep Devices
- Prep Profiles are assigned to Revenue Centers
- Prep Tickets are routed from Prep Stations to Prep Devices via the Prep Profile (transmitted from Terminals to Prep Devices)