is an iOS feature designed with educational software in mind that locks iPads into a single application. Once enabled, runs in sessions that can be started and ended by triple-clicking the and entering a user-defined Guided Access Passcode.
Any time the app is exited or backgrounded on any device, syncing is disrupted and checks can become “locked”, as the system recognizes them as in use until the sync is completed. To prevent this, it is strongly recommended that all operators leverage this feature to ensure the app stays open and running at all times.
- Exit the app
- Open the Settings app
- Select General from the left side navigation
- Select Accessibility from the options on the right
- Scroll to the bottom of the list and select Guided Access
- Toggle on Guided Access if it is not already enabled
- Set a passcode
- Keep this passcode safe, and distribute it to the Management Team
- Toggle on Mirror Display Auto-Lock
- Select Display & Brightness from the left side navigation
- Select Auto-Lock > Never from the options on the right
- Exit the Settings app
- Triple-click the to begin a session
- As necessary, triple-click the and enter the passcode to end a session