Guided Access is an iOS feature designed with educational software in mind that locks iPads into a single application. Guided Access runs in sessions that can be started and ended by triple-clicking the iPad Home Button and entering a user-defined Guided Access Passcode.
SALIDO terminals constantly sync their check data with the cloud and each other. If at any time the SALIDO app is exited or backgrounded on any device, syncing is disrupted and checks maybe become “locked”, as the system recognizes checks as in use until the disrupted sync is completed.
To safeguard against this, we strongly recommend all of our operators enable and leverage Guided Acess to ensure the SALIDO app stays open and running at all times.
Please find below a brief step-by-step tutorial on how to enable Guided Access:
- Exit the SALIDO app
- Open the Settings app
- Select General from the left side navigation
- Select Accessibility from the options on the right
- Scroll to the bottom of the list and select Guided Access
- Toggle on Guided Access if it is not already enabled
- Set a passcode
- Keep this passcode safe, and distribute it to the Management Team
- Toggle on Mirror Display Auto-Lock
- Select Display & Brightness from the left side navigation
- Select Auto-Lock > Never from the options on the right
- Exit the Settings app
- Re-Open SALIDO
- Triple-click the iPad Home Button to begin a Guided Access session
- As necessary, triple-click the iPad Home Button and enter the passcode to end a Guided Access session