To charge the iPad:
- Confirm that the Micro USB Cable Charger is securely plugged into the back of the MagTek Card Reader and the 12w Apple Adapter wall outlet
- If the battery is completely drained, iPad will show a battery icon when pressing iPad Power Button. Follow the below steps to quickly recharge the device
- Use a Phillip’s-Head Screwdriver to loosen 4 screws of MagTek Card Reader enclosure and unplug MagTek Card Reader from iPad
- Plug the Apple Lightning Cable into the iPad Lightning Connector
- Wait until the iPad has reached 10% battery (10-30 minutes)
- Turn on the iPad by holding iPad Power Button down until the Apple icon image appears
- Remove Apple Lightning Cable and insert the MagTek Card Reader into iPad Lightning Connector. Attach and screw in MagTek Card Reader enclosure, and resume business operations once step 1 above is complete.
Check out the Apple Support Center - If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won‘t turn on for additional resources.