My iPad is not charging:
- Ensure that the Micro USB Cable is securely attached to MagTek Card Reader without any signs of cord damage, and is connected to the 12W Apple Adapter which is plugged into a wall out.
- Verify that the wall outlet is supplying power by plugging in another device
- Borrow Micro USB Cable from another device to receive a charge if applicable
- Remove Magtek card reader and metal enclosure with a Phillip's Head Screwdriver and replace with Apple Lightning Cable to charge device
- If cable is damaged, contact support@SALIDO.com to order more cables or any charging components
Press and hold iPad Power Button until screen lights up with Apple icon in the middle. If out of battery, iPad will display a battery instead of Apple icon:
- Remove Magtek Card Reader using a Phillip's Head Screwdriver to unscrew the 4 screws of Magtek Card Reader metal enclosure
- Attach Apple Lightning Connector into iPad Lightning Port and ensure that 12W Apple Adapter that is plugged into an active wall outlet
- Once the iPad is receiving a charge, press and hold iPad Power Button to reveal battery icon with a blinking red bar to signal that the iPad is currently charging. Will turn on and display white Apple icon once initial charge is received
- Let device continually charge until 10-15% (~15 min) before reattaching Magtek and Micro USB Cable power source.
If the Apple icon does not appear, review Apple Support - If you iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on
What if the iPad is locked?
SALIDO does not put passcodes on iPads, contact your manager and team to determine if a passcode was intentionally created.
For additional resources, check out Apple Support - If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPhone touch, or your device is disabled.
What if the iPad is offline?
If Terminal Status Indicator is shown on the SALIDO Login Screen, the SALIDO app will continue operating and capturing payment information:
- Credit Card payments will be authorized when connection is reestablished
- Live data will temporarily stop synced with the Bridge
- Ensure iPads are Connected to the Designated Network
- Tap Sync Test: Under the "Diagnostics" tab of the POS "Settings" from the SALIDO Main Menu to run an overall verification of connection to network and data communication to Bridge
- If the iPad is still offline, contact your designated network support team to become aware of any network disruptions
What if my iPad is telling me to update?
iPad software updates are important to be executed during non-business hours as it renders the terminal out of use. Either tap “Install Now” or “Install Later” and follow these steps at an appropriate time:
- Open “Settings” from iPad Home Screen "General” from iPad Setting Menu and choose “Software Update”
- Tap “Download and Install”
Review more on Updating the iOS software on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch on the Apple website.